Friday, June 25, 2010

Last Day in Nanning

We woke up late this morning, planning on an early lunch and an early
supper. Susan broke out a bouncy ball and she and Jacob were playing
ball when I came out from the shower. Susan threw the ball over
Jacob's head, through the bathroom door, off my chest and into the
wicker waste basket. That's gotta be worth at least three points! She
says she called the shot even before the bathroom door opened and that
Kobe and LeBron both call her the bus driver 'cause she takes them to
school. Yes. That is exactly how it happened.

We just got back from lunch at our favorite food court where we had
flaming spicy green beans, steamed and deep fried rolls, two Cantonese
noodle dishes, broccoli, carrots, sheep entrails and ox tripe. Okay, I
was kidding about the broccoli! Just seeing if you were paying
attention. Everything was delicious, as usual (I did mention it was
our favorite place to eat here). We may try the park again this
afternoon but it has been pretty rainy and dismal here today. Perhaps
Guangzhou will offer better weather but I believe the two regions are
very similar in terms of climate so I won't over expect.

Jacob can say momma, daddy, Jacob, yes, no, okay, and uh-oh. Not a bad
start for a 1 week old.

Once we get settled into our next hotel, we will blog some more. Maybe
the next stop will give us access to the blog or Facebook, but I doubt
it. I could access both from Hong Kong, but the place still feels
pretty British. Keep the e-mails coming. It is so great to hear from
y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment