Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Where are the other girls?

I think you were supposed to drop it BEHIND me...

No holiday is complete without a gymnastics routine



Even Samuel was getting in on the fun

Ouch!



Beth Givens called on Memorial Day to see what we were up to. Not sure. I had been on call on Saturday and Sunday and now that I had Monday off, I hadn't the foggiest idea how to enjoy it. I knew we needed to eat lunch and, with the massive amounts of food my church friends had provided, I was sure we could reheat some leftovers. I check the three fridges. Unbelievable! Virtually all of the food had been eaten by wolves (aka teenagers) so I figure I will reheat some of the three pizzas I bought last night. Inconceivable! Only two slices left. Beth says not to worry and shows up a while later with lunch for everyone: chicken, baked beans, potato salad, chips, and "Salsa Lady" salsa. Divine intervention, Yes, it was.


Beth's girls also brought us some homemade cupcakes with caramel icing, a tribute to Susan because "this was the last thing Mrs. Susan made for us before she had to leave town, and they were delicious!" These tribute cupcakes were pretty tasty. too. They gave us all a reason to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment